If you’re a Florida resident with a yard, an irrigation system should be the top priority on your spring maintenance checklist. However, it’s important to educate yourself on what an irrigation system is, why it’s important, ways to maintain it, and how it will fit...
In Florida, we all understand the importance of irrigation in creating a great landscape experience. We are entering what we call “dry season” as temperatures begin to rise and stabilize, but our rainfall historically slows. If your irrigation isn’t operating or...
All living organisms need water to survive. This is especially true when it comes to plant material. When drought hits hard, all mulch beds that are properly maintained with an irrigation system will continue to thrive in lieu of minimal rainfall. It’s important to...
During spring season, temperatures throughout Florida moderate from the mid to upper 70s to the low 90s. Increasing temperatures cause landscapes to demand more water. In fact, these weather conditions cause the landscape’s demand for water to be its highest of the...
As usual for Florida, summertime came with an abundance of rainfall. And its effects on lawns will soon be evident in the warm, dry conditions of early fall. As a general rule, deep and infrequent watering is the best way to promote healthy turf that can better...
Memberships and Associations
- Irrigation Association
- Florida Irrigation Society
- Indiana Lawn Association
- Snow & Ice Management Association
- Carolina Irrigation Association
- American Society of Irrigation Consultants
- Florida Nursery, Growers & Landscape Association
- National Association of Landscape Professionals
- National Safety Council
- American Society of Safety Professionals
Florida Weather and Data
- EPA Watersense
- Center for Landscape Conservation and Ecology
- University of Florida IFAS Extension Orange County
- University of Florida IFAS Extension Sarasota County
- University of Florida IFAS Extension Collier County
- University of Florida IFAS Extension Lee County
- North Carolina State University TurfFiles Center
- Clemson Cooperative Extension Home and Garden Info Center
- Clemson University