Large patch is a seasonal disease of warm-season grasses caused by the fungus Rhizoctonia solani. It typically occurs between November and May when daytime temperatures fall below 85 degrees. Symptoms begin as small, irregular, reddish-brown, brown, or straw-colored...
Pest Alert: Stopping sod webworms in their tracks
Sod webworms are cream to greenish-brown lawn caterpillars that feed on the leaves of all turf grasses and are most active in late summer and fall in Florida. These critters are the larvae of small brown moths that do not feed on grass or cause damage but may be seen...
Pest Alert: Southern Chinch Bug
It is the time of year again when chinch bugs become prevalent in St. Augustine grass. St. Augustine grass is the most commonly used turfgrass species in Florida and in 2007 was about 51% of the total sod acreage in the state (Source: University of Florida). The...
Pest Alert: Sugar Cane Mosaic Virus
Mainscape is committed to maintaining your property at the highest level. Part of that commitment is proactive communication when challenges present themselves. We want to make you aware of a plant disease called Mosaic Disease caused by the Sugar Cane Mosaic Virus...
Pest Alert: Crabgrass in St. Augustine Grass Lawns
Mainscape is committed to maintaining your property at the highest level. Part of that commitment is proactive communication when challenges present themselves. We want to make you aware of the challenge we frequently encounter with crabgrass in St. Augustine grass,...
Memberships and Associations
- Irrigation Association
- Florida Irrigation Society
- Indiana Lawn Association
- Snow & Ice Management Association
- Carolina Irrigation Association
- American Society of Irrigation Consultants
- Florida Nursery, Growers & Landscape Association
- National Association of Landscape Professionals
- National Safety Council
- American Society of Safety Professionals
Florida Weather and Data
- EPA Watersense
- Center for Landscape Conservation and Ecology
- University of Florida IFAS Extension Orange County
- University of Florida IFAS Extension Sarasota County
- University of Florida IFAS Extension Collier County
- University of Florida IFAS Extension Lee County
- North Carolina State University TurfFiles Center
- Clemson Cooperative Extension Home and Garden Info Center
- Clemson University